Sorry, no article today just some things that are vexing and just might be relevant to current trends in my life:
– Thinking of comebacks waaaayyy beyond the actual confrontation that you will never get to use or you will, but might put into a “lesser conversation,” one that might not make sense, making you look crazy (guilty)
– Making a purely genuine, heartfelt gesture and receive suspicion in return because someone thinks that you have other intentions
– People who feel entitled to anything their heart desires (even if it’s for a second), tossing responsibility/accountability/rationality to the wind, instead gaining instant gratification
– Sending special messages/cards to people you care about for their significant events to have those people never recognize your special events (it’s free to email someone or tweet or send a facebook message)
– Having knowledge that could put someone in trouble but knowing that their situation impacts yours and if only the knowledge were out, would help your case but refuse to say anything because you think that person doesn’t deserve the trouble
– Chatting with someone from your past who refuses to speak to you as an adult/different person, dragging back their opinion on a specific matter that happened ages ago
– Knowing that you rely on a website/person/name something else to get something done because you actually learned to delegate and work with those that can do something better or faster or more effectively just to be at their mercy when it comes crunch time
– Doing something for a long time for free when it consumes your life (maybe I should just say no)
I woke up and it was immediately one of those days. Here’s a recipe for lunch that could turn this day around.
I love pistachios so I wanted to create a fruit salad to balance the sweetness with the saltiness, add some goat cheese for creaminess and that’s a lot of “-nesses.”
Strawberry, Orange and Pistachio Salad with Goat Cheese
1 ½ cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
1 large or 2 medium oranges, cut in half, pith removed, seeds removed and segments cut out (called supreming)
2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup pistachio nuts, chopped (I smashed them in a plastic bag with a wooden spoon)
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other vinegar)
In a large bowl, whisk the honey and vinegar together then toss the strawberries and orange segments in the mix. Plate the salads (leaving extra juice out) and add the crumbled cheese and pistachios to the top. Sprinkle the salad with salt/ pepper.
5 thoughts on “Strawberry, Orange and Pistachio Salad with Goat Cheese”
Hi, I’m a new reader but just wanted to say I’m sorry you’re having a hard time, that sucks. Hope the next few days get better. I have a problem saying no too (half Japanese!) and it causes me to feel resentful far more often than I’d like. Chin up!
That means a lot to me, thank you. I’m going to practice my serious ‘no’ look. : )
I’m a new reader as well- found you at tastespotting. I love your list of vexations, but sorry you’re feeling them all today! I hope your lunch does turn it around for you. It sounds delicious, I can’t wait to try it. Thank you!
Thank you! My days are better now. It’s amazing the tranquility I get by cooking or prepping a salad. I hope you enjoy it too!