Father’s Day is Sunday. What are your plans for your father, husband, grandpa, brother or any other guy in your life? I will be where I was for Mother’s Day…in another state, without a celebration. We have a graduation party to attend Saturday but there are few things as upsetting, when it comes to family, than missing out on an important occasion/gathering. I’ll be thinking of you dad (and grandpas) that day as I did for mom (and grandmas) on Mom’s Day.
Today I’m suggesting a few ideas that your pop might want to feast on Father’s Day this Sunday or any day. Before I forget, happy Father’s Day to the new and about to be new fathers, along with the pops doing the dad thing for a while now!
– Baked Eggs with Cumin, Saffron and Potatoes
– Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
– Barbecue Pizza with Pineapple (grill or oven)
– Chorizo and Mozzarella Pizza Casserole
– Mixed Paella with Chicken, Chorizo and Shrimp
– Lemonade, Limeade and Numerous Tasty Variations (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
– Pretzel Crust Banana Cream Pie
– No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies (quick and delicious)
and my dad’s choice…
– Chocolate “Truffle” Ice Cream
Take a peak at my categories on the bottom right sidebar to find more recipes. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about substitutions, more recommendations and all that jazz. I won’t charge you…this time.
*Reminder: The Taste of Northfield (MN) is tomorrow (Thursday June 17th) and Friday (the 18th). Come and get a feel for the restaurants in town along with some other activities, especially for the kiddos. Check out the NDDC’s website here for more info.
One thought on “Father’s Day Food and Drink Suggestions”
Wonderful ideas, and I loved seeing these photographs. It reminds me of how talented you are! Just beautiful shots and delicious food.